Popular Posts

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Kobo Ereader Case *Kobo Love*


So I then proceeded to order a lovely red book cover/holder for it from www.chapters.ca ... after waiting several weeks and then being notified that they were out of stock etc. etc. .... I grew very impatient. I ended up angrily canceling the order, and around the same time, my boyfriend thought it would be fun for me to make my own ereader case:).  So we went off to a Fabricland and bought some nice black vinyl and a soft purple fabric of my choice, some strong needles (I was going to sew my project by hand), some black elastic band, and some heavy duty thread. I went to work on it and I believe I finished most of the case within a day. It is not super fabulous, but I like it and it does the job perfectly. :)  Oh, and I also used some thick cardboard pieces to give it more shape/stability under the cloth. Here are some pictures: 







So basically it would have cost me about $30 or more to order a kobo case, and my own design only cost me $20 and some sewing skills :P (plus that $20 actually bought me enough fabric to make about 4 cases if I really wanted to!). 


~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment